Please login using your SUNet ID to learn more.
For questions regarding administrative aspects, please contact Peche Turner (pturner at stanford.edu)NOTE: If you get an error message "Disallowed Key Characters" try clearing your browser cookies.
TAXES: Most CURIS students are paid via stipend (one payment through Axess as Financial Aid) and will not receive a W-2 form from Stanford. You can print out the record from Axess to use as backup for your tax return. If you were paid twice a month throughout the summer, you were paid via the Payroll system, and should receive a W-2 form. Both the stipend and payroll checks are tax-reportable income. Students paid via stipend may want to consult a tax advisor to see if they need to make estimated quarterly tax payments.
2016 Pay = $6,400 for 10 weeks June 20 - August 26 40 hours/week
CURIS Kickoff Meeting - Monday, June 20, 2014 10:00 Gates 504 - 5th floor lounge
CURIS Poster Session - Thursday, August 25, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Gates AT&T Lawn. Participation is mandatory.
Application Schedule (2016)
All project administration is done via the web-based system at http://curis.stanford.edu. The application and assignment process proceeds in several phases:
- By Sunday, January 24: Faculty members enter project descriptions into web-based system.
- By Sunday, February 7 :Students read project descriptions and apply for projects:
- submit a profile consisting of resume and (unofficial axess) transcript
- for each project, specify preference and project-specific experience or interests
- may contact the faculty if appropriate.
- By Sunday, Feb 21: Faculty specify applicant suitability:
- give each applicant a score on the website
- may interview students if appropriate
- By Friday, March 4: Students are matched to projects
- prioritized matching process, taking into consideration all preferences
- both students and faculty mentors are informed of the match.
- By Sunday, March 13: Students must notify of acceptance of internship, to allow time for a second round